Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

We have have a Samsung frontloading washer wf42ht700a that

Customer Question

Hi there! We have have a Samsung frontloading washer wf42ht700a that is just about 13 months old. It suddenly stopped filling w water. It will turn on, put clothes in, shut door, and hit start and it looks the door and stays that way. We have unplugged it from the wall, cleaned the drain filter, confirmed water pressure is high from tap and water filter on inlet hose is clear. We have received an error message of 'IE' twice and the only way to turn it off is to unplug it when that error code comes on. Does this sound like a water sensor issue? Perhaps something went bad in there? It is of course a stackable unit and has a dryer on top of it making it not the easiest thing to take apart, but if it sounds like we need to test some parts ,we will do it! Thanks so much!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your washer filling. Most of the time its a pretty simple fix. I am going to assume since you have had the unit for 13 months your water valves are not closed and were not closed for any particular reason like moving or what not.

On most washers, if water flow is going to the machine but the machine will not fill with water, you probably have a bad water valve on the machine itself.
You can remove the water valve or hose connectors and see if there is anything visibly wrong with it.
Sometimes they crack and block water flow to the washer and may leak.
Washers that have a water shutoff valve on the back can sometimes fail in the closed position.
There are also hoses that are in the machine that may be clogged or possibly pinched.
This issue can be fixed yourself but taking the machine apart may be necessary to access all the hoses and water lines.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Also there is The timer assembly on your washer may have a bad spot therefore it is not sending power to the water inlet valve at that moment of the main wash cycle. You can check the wiring on the back of the timer assembly to be sure no wires are loose or damaged. If the wires are okay, then we would suggest possibly replacing the timer assembly.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Seems like we need to install the machines and take the washer apart. Definitely disappointing w only a one yr old machine!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
unattach the machines
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Are you still under warranty with Samsung?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Purchased 8/22/2015.. Not sure what stags under warranty?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

So typical Samsung comes with a 1-5 year warranty I would contact Samsung themselves or the place you purchased it from and see if they will come and fix it for free themselves. Samsung is typically good for that.

Call Us 1-***-***-****
(1-800-SAMSUNG)

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

If you are satisfied with your answer please do rate with 5 stars at the top. If you have any follow up questions even after rating you can still get back to me on this thread by bookmarking it. I hope your day gets better.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We just noticed on the display, there is a solid hourglass icon... does that mean anything?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

The hour glass is a delayed mode do you have a delayed time programmed ?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Try pressing the time delay button and see if that takes it off.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hello I am just following up with you to see if my advice was helpful. If it was please rate with the 5 stars at the top if you have any follow up questions I can still be reached here on this thread.