John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My Maytag Performance washer is leaking from the bottom. It

Customer Question

My Maytag Performance washer is leaking from the bottom. It begins to leak when I turn on the machine to fill the basin. Prior to it leaking I had an unbalanced load in the machine. One of the items was a backpack. One of the plastic pieces from the backpack was hitting the inside of the basin while it was on the spin cycle. I could hear it. When the machine stopped I notice there was a plastic piece where the water comes out to fill the basin - I hadn't ever noticed that piece before which makes me think that's where the problem is. I thought I could snap the part back into place easily but when I started the machine it began leaking right away.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
LAT 2500AAe
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

In the diagram at the link below, what part leaks?