Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a ge side by side ref. I can't get the water to come

Customer Question

I have a ge side by side ref. I can't get the water to come out of the front door. I can get ice cubes. What is my problem? It is a GSS22UFMDWW RD237621
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for waiting. On this particular GE refrigerator, the most common issue is that the water line inside the door freezes. Remove the kick panel below the refrigerator and freezer doors and look for the water line disconnect just behind the front panel near the freezer door hinge. Disconnect the water line and shut the door. Press the water dispenser and see if water comes out of the water line at the bottom where you'd disconnected the water line. If water comes out, you'll need to just turn the refrigerator off and leave the door open for about 45 minutes and that will allow the door to heat up enough that when you connect the water line to the door again, it should start to dispense water again. Using a hair dryer to warm up the door is also very useful.

There is a kit designed to add a heater to the dispenser so this does not happen in the future if the problem comes back. Below is a link to the kit and it comes with instructions on how to install it.

CLICK HERE for refrigerator

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.