Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher, I stopped mid cycle and

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher, I stopped mid cycle and now no lights are on and I cant get it to start.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is no more than 2 maybe three years old let me get the model number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was hoping it was a simple fix or restart the only number I can fine is I believe a serial number of W10297953 B
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I want to change the cycle it was on gentle and needed to be on normal that is why I stopped it. I have turned the breaker off and on to see if that would reset it's brain
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

If it is just dead check the power at the units junction box under it, if that is fine you need to check the thermal fuse attached to the control board it may be out. The part is black and round with two wires to it, here is a video to assist same procedure to get at it yours will look different though.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The video provided was for a whirlpool that looked nothing like my dishwasher. Is this all the help I get?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there no way to reset the computer?

I explained that it was not your dishwasher just a good reference, shut down the power to the unit for a full minute at the circuit breaker and turn it back on. If nothing comes on you will have to take it apart not everything is a simple push button fix.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can appreciate that, however I was looking on line and the Kenmore Elite does have a way with an older model to reset the computer. Do you know that my dishwasher is computerized and so may not have the component that you are referencing. I am not sure, but I don't any anything that remotely looks like the assembly that you are referencing. The breaker is off right now I will have it off for a few minutes.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I guess no response is what I will get. Bummer.

What is the complete model number off the unit?