Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Maytag stove Model # MER6549BAW Serial # 1886452CX double

Customer Question

Maytag stove Model # MER6549BAW Serial #(###) ###-####X double oven
I cleaned the top oven both doors locked per instructions. When cleaning was complete the top oven cooled and door opened. The bottom oven door was still locked and an error message appeared. I turned off the electrical supply to stove and turned back on and now the entire stove will not work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What does the unit do? Is anything lit on the display?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As I stated the stove is completely without power. I gave detailed information if you cannot tell me what is wrong please tell me.

Ok on that unit there is no device that would kill power to the unit, so you either have a power issue to the unit itself (check for 240 volts), a burned up wire at the terminal block or junction box where the cord connects or just a defective main clock control. Those are the only three things that would cause that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!