John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a 16 year old Bosch double wall electric ovens. The

Customer Question

I have a 16 year old Bosch double wall electric ovens. The upper oven has both self cleaning and convection options that don't work even though the oven does heat for cooking. What could the problem be? Is it worth fixing? Can only 1 of a double wall unit be replaced if necessary?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to try and assist you today. Do you happen to have the model number of your oven handy so I can pull up the correct manuals and have a look at them for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't find it where it is supposed to be. I have a serial # FD 8001 007 162 and a number that reads: ENr-HBL656 AUO
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Is this the one that you have?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. It is black, has 3 round knobs: temperature, roast/bake/manual vs timed settings on the right for the upper oven and 2 on the left (temp/oven settings), for the lower oven, and and in the middle is are timer and clock setting features. Nothing lights up except the digital numbers for the timer and or clock. There are round, long bar handles on each oven.