Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Maytag washer is throwing F28 code. Not working at all now.

Customer Question

JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MHWZ600TW00 8-9 YEARS OLD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Heck yes. I had to fix the accompanying dryer a year ago also
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that i am aware of. Problem is have is there are no real repairman. Just parts replaced which I can do. Computer boards are so expensive with these and if installed and not the problem then I just spent money for nothing.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The F28 error code indicates a communication error between the control boards. Often times this is caused by a connection issue rather than a part failure. There are three screws on the rear of the top panel that secure the top on. Once removed, the top will slide back and come off to be set aside. In the RF corner near the front control panel is the main machine control. WITH THE MACHINE UNPLUGGED, remove each connector, one at a time, and replace into the control. This will rectify any connection issue if there is one. Once each connector has been reset into position, remove the back panel from the machine to access the motor control board. Do the same for each motor connector. Plug the machine back in and see if the code returns. Let me know if it does and we can move forward.