Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a JBND-28 ice maker for my frigidair refrigerator.

Customer Question

I have a JBND-28 ice maker for my frigidair refrigerator. For the past two months the ice has had a bad, almost plant/bacteria-ish taste to it. The drinking water from the refrigerator tastes totally fine. The filter has been replaced recently and the ice continues to taste bad. We have removed the main components of the ice maker and see no visible signs of mold or the cause of the bad taste. As far as we can tell, the next best step would be to flush the water line to the ice maker...any suggestions? thank you
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Frigidaire Gallery model#FGHB2844LF5 not more than 5 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if we are able
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think thats it :)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to try and assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your ice maker. I know how frustrating that can be. So since you have taken it apart and have inspected for any visible signs of mold or bacteria and are coming up empty the next logical step would be to flush the water line and or replace the water line to see if that helps. If you are interested in installing a new water line I can shoot you links to be able to purchase the part online. Since Ice sits often in the ice box and isn't made as often as the water is used this can happen.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello I am just following up with you to see if my advice was helpful. If it was please rate with the 5 stars at the top if you have any follow up questions I can still be reached here on this thread.