Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

Subzero ice-maker is not making ice. The touch panel in

Customer Question

Subzero ice-maker is not making ice. The touch panel in refrigerator shows ice maker is on. Recently I did defrost freezer unit and cleaned out freezer. My subzero has freezer unit on the bottom.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your sub zero freezer ice maker. Typically when its not making ice its one of two things. It water valve may have gone bad and or the water is not turned on. The water valve is inexpensive and can be ordered online through repair clinic if you have the model number I can even look it up for you .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have 2 subzeros side by side and I would find it odd if water valve went bad in both at once. I guess I need to figure out where the water would turn on
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Since it is two doing the same thing my next question would be is the water supply line turned on? The reason I suggest the water valve is because the water inlet valve is an electrically-controlled valve that opens to supply water to the dispenser and ice maker. If the water inlet valve is defective, or if it has insufficient pressure, it won’t allow water to flow through. As a result, the ice maker won’t make ice. The valve requires at least 20 psi to function properly. Make sure that the water pressure to the valve is at least 20 psi. If the water pressure is sufficient, use a multimeter to check for power to the water inlet valve. If the water inlet valve has sufficient pressure and is getting power, but the ice maker won’t fill with water to make ice, replace the water inlet valve.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello I just wanted to follow up with you and see if you were still needing help with this issue. If not please rate with 5 stars at the top and I can have this matter closed out for you.