Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

GE Arctic Profile Refrigerator - power was off for two days

Customer Question

GE Arctic Profile Refrigerator - power was off for two days following storm. When the power came back on the refrigerator will not cool, the light is on in the refrigerator and freezer, but I am unable to get it to cool. Help please.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Normally when that occurs the main board behind the unit has been damaged and will need to be replaced. There is a small rectangular access cover behind the unit that you need to remove. Behind that is the main board. Power enters that board from the power cord and if a surge occurred it will need to be replaced. You can order it through SEARSPARTSDIRECT.COM with the complete model number off the unit, that boards part number is ***** WR55X10942

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!