Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

We have an error code of "F-2" on our duet sport dryer What

Customer Question

We have an error code of "F-2" on our duet sport dryer What do we do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who assists you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your duet dryer. The F-2 code you are experiencing is

Long Drain

If the drain time exceeds 8 minutes, the water valves are turned off and "F/02" is flashed.

NOTE: After 4 minutes the "Sud" error will be displayed, then 4 minutes later the F02 error code will be displayed.

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.

• Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
  • Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
  • Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
  • If the above does not correct the problem, replace the pump.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The dryer lights did not match the dial so nothing worked. Now we get the F02 message then the unit goes dark but turns on to show the F02 message again and every light turns on
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

Ok what is the model number of your device. That way I can locate the service technician manual for you and we can try and get this taken care of.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Try this No. WED8300SWO
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

"F-02" flashes when there is a stuck button or user interface mismatch. This

fault code will ONLY appear when in the diagnostic test mode. See TEST #6

TEST #6 Buttons and Indicators
This test is performed when any of the following situations occurs during the Console Buttons and Indicators Diagnostic Test:

None of the indicators light up No beep sound is heard
Some buttons do not light indicators None of the indicators light up:

1. See Diagnostic Guide/Before Servicing.
2. Perform TEST #1 to verify supply connections.
3. Perform TEST #2.
4. Visually check that the P5 connector is inserted all the way into the machine control electronics.
5. Visually check the user interface assembly connections.
6. If both visual checks pass, replace the user interface assembly.
7. Plug in dryer or reconnect power.
8. Perform the Console Buttons and Indicators Diagnostic test to verify repair.
9. If indicators still do not light, the machine control electronics has failed: Unplug dryer or disconnect power.
Replace the machine control electronics. Plug in dryer or reconnect power. Perform the Console Buttons and Indicators Diagnostic test to verify repair.

No beep sound is heard:
1. Visually check that the P5 connector is inserted all the way into the machine control electronics. If visual check passes, replace the user interface assembly.
2. Plug in dryer or reconnect power.
3. Perform the Console Buttons and Indicators Diagnostic test to verify repair.
4. If replacing the user interface assembly failed: Unplug dryer or disconnect power. Replace the machine control electronics. Plug in dryer or reconnect power. Perform the Console Buttons and Indicators Diagnostic test to verify repair.

Some buttons do not light indicators:
1. Visually check the user interface assembly connections. If visual check passes, replace the user interface assembly.
2. Plug in dryer or reconnect power.
3. Perform the Console Buttons and Indicators Diagnostics test to verify repair.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 8 months ago.

Hello again I noticed this question was still open. I wanted to follow up with you and see if you were still requiring assistance with this issue. If not please rate with the 5 stars above and I can have this matter closed for you.