Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Tyler I have a Maytag Neptune Gas dryer mdg6700aww it has a

Customer Question

Hello Tyler I have a Maytag Neptune Gas dryer mdg6700aww it has a TS error displaying which references a bad thermostat. I 1st tested it with my ohm meter and it tested bad replaced it with a new thermostat and i still have the error TS whats your thoughts
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today. This error is actually the thermistor code.

Display Fault/Error Codes

Display Description Trigger Action Taken

tS Dryer Thermistor Short Sensed The Thermistor resistance is very low. Check for:

- Clogged lint screen.

- Restricted vent system.

- Check Thermistor resistance.

- Check for diagnostic code 1

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermistor/WP35001191/1185513?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=35001191

Also if you want to test your thermistor even though I know this is the problem it can be tested this way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaABV5WV6sI

Here is a video on how to replace it and I can also provide the service manual if you would like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UGpQUsOy4U

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi I was fully aware of what the error code is. I also tested the sensor and it failed therefore I replaced it and it still shows the same error code. need help
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

So are you saying you have already replaced the thermistor and it did not solve the problem? Just so we are on the same page.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know how to be any clearer can you call me(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I really need to get an answer on this please
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

I just got on if you give me a few mins. I can call.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

I do apologize about the delay if you would like I can call. I do have a question first. Did you try unplugging the dryer at all. If you have not lets try unplugging it for a few mins. and then plug it back in and lets see what happens.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

What I am thinking is that it just needs reset since you have already replaced what needed replaced. So lets try and figure out together how to reset the dryer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did cycle power already a number of times unless there is another way of "resetting" I am at a loss
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Let me see if I can find if here is a special reset for your dryer. Bare with me one more moment.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Clearing Diagnostic Codes

To clear the diagnostic code list press the

Sensor Dry

Level

and

Time

keypads together for 3 seconds while

viewing the list. The cycle count for each diagnostic

code will be reset to 0, but not the machine cycle

count.

This should clear your code. Please do let me know if this works .

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Are you still with me?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Just trying to see if that worked or not?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it didn't work there was no visual indication of anything happening when I simultaneous held down the Sensor Dry Level and
Time
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please call me(###) ###-####
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

the sensor sends a signal back to the control by way of resistance. So, either the signal it is sending is bad or the control is unable to interpret it. If the sensor is new, there is an issue with the wiring between the sensor and the control or the control is faulty. The key is to measure the resistance of that sensor at the control so it reads through the wiring harness. If it tests good at the control, then the issue is with the control.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok I will pull the harness and test I guess at that time if it reads 10k or around that area its a faulty control board. what would be the model of the replacement control board.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

give me just moment and I will shoot you a link.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

http://www.partadvantage.com/lookup/93781/572421

Its part number 3 in this diagram and here is the link for the part you will need to order.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/WP35001153/1122533?rcaid=1000054

If you find this information helpful please do rate with 5 stars at the top so I can be credited for my time. If you have any follow up questions rating does not stop you from following up with me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hey just wanted to check in with you and see if you were able to check out the parts and information I have sent you. If you feel I was able to help you please do rate with the 5 stars at the top so I can be credited for my help. You can still follow up after rating.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello here is a disclosure for this part:Main Electronic Control Board. Note: This Part Is Often Misdiagnosed And Requires Electrical Testing With A Volt/Ohm Meter To Determine If It Is Defective.Where is this part located on the machine it doesn't resemble the control panel that is on my machine
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

That is the exact one for your model I just double checked and you can find the part you are looking for by finding the number 3 on this list.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Are you able to figure out looking at that diagram?