Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

We have a KitchenAid Ice Machine, Model No. KUIC15PLTS1,

Customer Question

We have a KitchenAid Ice Machine, Model No. KUIC15PLTS1, that runs but will not produce ice. Have turned it off and then back on after 10 minutes. Water runs but cannot see any ice being produced. Machine was recently cleaned. Drain cap is in place and tight. Not sure what to do. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today. First lets start off with checking the temperature.

If the freezer temperature is above 10 degrees Fahrenheit (-12C), the ice maker will not produce ice cubes efficiently. The freezer temperature should be set between 0 and 5 degrees Fahrenheit (-18 to -15C) for the ice maker to work properly. If the freezer temperature is too high, ensure that the condenser coils are clear of debris and the condenser fan is working properly. In addition, check to see if frost has accumulated on the evaporator coils. If the evaporator coils are frosted over, part of the defrost system has likely failed.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello again I noticed this question was still open. I wanted to follow up with you and see if you were still requiring assistance with this issue. If not please rate with the 5 stars above and I can have this matter closed for you.