Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have water build up inside. I can not locate the drain. It

Customer Question

I have water build up inside. I can not locate the drain. It is a GE model GFSL6KKYCLS/
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Are you seeing water in the freezer or refrigerator?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Frig with frost build up in freezer located under frig. Defrosting it right now.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Okay, so you see frost on the rear panel or a sheet of ice on the floor of the freezer?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sheet of ice in frig. Frost in freezer which is located under frig portion of unit
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Okay, so you have tow issues going on, a defrost problem in the freezer and a plugged drain line in the refrigerator. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

The rear panel in the refrigerator will need to come out, shown as number 97 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The drain is in the bottom of the tray numbered 96 in that same picture.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

As for the defrost issue in the freezer, that is usually caused by the defrost sensor failing, number 91 in the diagram at the link below. It will probably need to be replaced. You can test the defrost heater, number 26, by measuring continuity through it.

CLICK HERE

That sensor is available below.

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
kelly, After unplugging the frig for 10 hours, I found water in the drain pan that wasn't there earlier. I also found water inside the frig again. In the center of the frig it appears to be some kind of vent. I unscrewed the piece and found the vent hole going some where??? there also appeared to be attached with wiring??
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Can you post a picture of what you see, please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
there was actually water inside of it when I took the piece off.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Were you able to take the rear cover off in the refrigerator to check that drain line?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Although I can't really check the tubescort themselves, the drain pan did have a little water in it after I pulled the plug. Whereas it was dry prior
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Okay, so there must have been some ice/frost built up in that damper. Do you think that door (either one) may have been left open at any point?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Maybe, but it had am alarm. Also, this problem has been happening for a while. There was approximately 1 inch sheet of ice on the level right below the box
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Have the temperatures been okay during all the time it has been leaking?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

I suspect that now that the drains have cleared (water in drain pan), you will have no more water leakage. Let me know after a day or two, though.