Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

Subzero Model 3211RFD Serial 512496 Sweating

Customer Question

Subzero Model 3211RFD Serial 512496Sweating inside,everything wet and some mold
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who tries to assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Subzero fridge.

Causes for this issue can be

• Too much food stored in unit preventing proper air flow
  • Large amount of moisture producing or wet produce
  • High ambient temperatures or high relative humidity
  • Product problem causing excess moisture

Core issues can be

• Excessive moisture, water or condensation building-up inside unit
  • Moisture or condensation puddling beneath the crisper or refrigerator storage drawers
  • Condensation forming at the bottom of the refrigerator
  • Ice or water forming on the refrigerator floor
  • Ice or water forming or leaking beneath the crisper or refrigerator storage drawers
  • Fog or condensation on or in drawers or interior shelves

Steps to fix this issue

1. Condensation inside a unit, on the interior glass of a glass door model, on the shelving or drawers is normal if the door is open or left open for a period of time.
    • In warm climates, this is easier to notice.
    • Keep the door closed and fogging will resolve on its own.
  2. Open the door / drawer and inspect the unit gasket.
    • If the gasket is ripped, torn, or damaged, replace it, see Door Gasket Replacement.
    • If moisture is leaking or seeping from the gasket, thoroughly clean and dry the gasket.
  3. Inspect the back wall of unit for condensation, frost, or ice built-up.
    • Refer to Ice Forming on Back Wall of Refrigerator.
  4. Remove the crisper drawer and crisper shelf assembly; if equipped, remove all lower storage drawers as well to inspect for condensation, water or ice near, behind, or underneath the drawer(s).
    • Food debris, standing water, or ice built-up in the drain trough or drain tube located along the back wall may cause standing water on the floor and the drain tube may be clogged.
    • This can cause water to sit up against the door gasket, causing the water to drip from the gasket on to the floor when the door is opened.
  5. Clear any standing water or ice.
  6. Clean the drain tube if possible.
    • The drain trough and drain tube will only be visible on a 200, 300, 500, or 600 Series, refer to 200/300-500-600 Series Refrigerator Drain Tube Cleaning.
    • For 400 Series Wine Storage, 700 Series, 648PRO/PRO48, and Built-In Series, refer to Drain Tube Cleaning (BI-700-400-648PRO Series).
  7. There is not a humidity control on storage drawers other than models 542 and 561, see 542 and 561 Crisper Drawer Humidity Setting for more information.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello I am just following up with you to see if my advice was helpful. If it was please rate with the 5 stars at the top if you have any follow up questions I can still be reached here on this thread.