Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Kenmore 665.13032K116 dishwasher. It runs fine but

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore 665.13032K116 dishwasher. It runs fine but the drain pump never comes on. I've changed the control board and the drain pump and it still never comes on. What else could be causing this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me clarify - the dishwasher fills correctly and runs through the cycles correctly from what I can tell except the drain motor never seems to ever come on. Again, I've changed the main control board and replaced the drain motor but I never hear the drain motor running. When the wash cycle finishes the dishwasher is still full of water.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Normally that is a broken wire from the board to the drain pump check the wiring for continuity and see I bet you have a bad wire to the pump.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a digital multimeter and know how to use it. But in this particular case, how do I actually check the wiring to the drain pump for continuity?

You would need to get to the board where the wires output to the drain pump and check them from there to the drain pump.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
You suggested that I check the drain pump for resistance and both the wires and the control board for voltage to the pump. I did both this past weekend. The pump read 33 ohms resistance. I got no voltage at the end of the brown wires to the pump or off of the test points on the control board that you told me to check. What do you think it could be that's keeping the drain pump from working? Is it being grounded out possibly? Could a bad water fill float be causing it? Again, I've already replaced the control board, the drain pump, and the entire wiring harness with new parts.