Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Am having my kitchen renovated, and the work is almost

Customer Question

Am having my kitchen renovated, and the work is almost completed. My contractor is very experienced and qualified to put the gas range back in its spot, however, he is almost stumped on this one. I have a feeling the builders of our town home messed up when measuring distance between where the dishwasher door comes down, and the range, which is perpendicular to the range. The original GE oven barely fit, but it managed to give just enough space. Then it was replaced with an Amana, which the installers had a heck of a time fitting it in. My guy, of course, had to move out the range to do some work, now has had to slide it in crooked so that I can open the dishwasher door! HELP! I'm nervous because when gas lines are involved I know it needs to be done right. HELP!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.
  1. Are the gas lines preventing the range form being slid back?
  2. Is there an anti tip bracket that may not be lined up?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know. I remember my contractor said they may have to go through the floor instead of the wall(??). I didn't know it costs an extra $24 to talk to you. I guess I need someone to look at it. ��
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

They likely put the gas line up through the floor and it is right in the way of the range. That is pretty typical when the lines are run up through the floor. I suspect the gas line will need to be moved.