Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector

Electrolux EI23BC56I trips ground fault. This only happens

Customer Question

Electrolux EI23BC56I trips ground fault. This only happens when the red and black wires are connected to the compressor, this is not mains power
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Wayne Roberts replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I would love to try to help. What size breaker is this appliance on, and is it shared with any other loads?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Wayne
There are no other loads on the system. The breaker does not trip, it is an outl;et in the garage that is GFI protected. The GFI trips.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Plug the fridge into an extension cord and plug it into another GFCI receptacle in the home. Try either a kitchen or a bathroom GFCI receptacle. Does that GFCI also trip?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am replacing the inverter for the compressor and hope that will solve the problem, should know more by Saturday
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

OK, very good. Let me know how you make out.

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 month ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.