John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I found your post on with a similar problem reported and yet

Customer Question

I found your post on http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/7scdb-frigidaire-proffessional-dishwasher-model-fphd2491kfo.html with a similar problem reported and yet my results to resolve the lack of spraying inside my dishwasher are similar. All other operations of the dishwasher are working fine (dispense, fill, drain, heat, etc). My pump motor works when I apply 110V power directly to it at the unplugged connector and does successfully spray water if I leaveit filled. If the motor is properly connected and I do the dishwasher's self test there is no error reported yet step 4 (power is at the motor connector for wash cycle) the motor does not activate so the spray does not perfrom. It coninues succesfully through the rerst of the test. Isolating power and a successful pump does not dictate which part is not working...motor or control board or otherwise. I researched further and found this post elsewhere: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/answers-for-frigidaire-circulation-pump-motor-154859201-ap5272390-question-160141.html but have found no isolated issue as I have 120-130V of power on the violet/purple of the pump motor connector when it should be running and at all times the white wire traces out as continuous back up to the door latch switch. Thoughts?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Frigidaire Professional FPHD2491KF0 dishwasher
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think I explained everything in the initial problem statement, please feel free to ask other questions of me if needed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.
  1. Does the motor make any humming or buzzing noises when it should be running?
  2. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with to see if power is getting sent to the motor?