John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Power module replaced on my Thermador T241F70NSP/03

Customer Question

Power module replaced on my Thermador T241F70NSP/03 built-in-freezer which fixed inoperative display & fans but now I get a click sound & the compressor is not starting. How do you check compressor?
I have gone thru all the self tests & service tests but no error codes come up but the component test seemed to get to starting the compressor, hearing a click sound but no start & test kept repeating that step over & over until I terminated the test.
What to do next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Measure the resistance between all of the pins on the compressor. They should be all the same, are they?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
See attached diagram showing tested resistance between all of the pins on the compressor
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

That model shows it having a DC compressor with an inverter board. Can you post a picture of the compressor area?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
See attached photos
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

So the compressor tests good electrically then. Is it just not getting power to it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know how do I check that out?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Test for power at the wire going to the overload that goes over the compressor pin that is by itself.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Need more info re that wire & the overload?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Do you see the part that plugs onto the single compressor pin? They are usually white with a small spade connector on one side and a small hole on the other that goes on the compressor pin.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please see attached questions & get back to me ASAP
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Haven't heard anything & it has been 3 days.