Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

From Manchester, Vermont. We have a Gaggenau EB 984/985-610

Customer Question

From Manchester, Vermont.
We have a Gaggenau EB 984/985-610 with four propane-gas hobs. The electrical spark igniter to one of the back hobs has suddenly started sparking repeatedly, even when the gas supply is turned off. I have switched off the fuses to the oven, but this has no effect on the continuous sparking.
How do I stop the continuous spark?
(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

That switch for that burner could be stuck on, you may have to cut the power to it until you can take it apart and check the switch behind the burner knob for that burner to see if that is stuck on electrically causing that issue. That is about the only thing that would typically cause that issue. Try to turn on and off all burners a couple times. It may stop.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!