John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a similar problem to the article I am reading. My 20

Customer Question

I have a similar problem to the article I am reading. My 20 year old Jenn Air slide in gives me a F3 error code. I have replaced the oven sensor and the same problem. At 400 degrees the error code shows up in 30 minutes consistently. I have seen one article that it was a fan limit problem. The board is no longer available., Is it time for a new stove?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: scg20200w
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

If it works okay until it gets hot, there is probably an issue with the wiring between the sensor and the control. When you replaced the sensor, did you use the plastic plug in style connector or hard wire it with ceramic wire nuts?