John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a GE JVM1665DN1bb it sounds like it starts at full

Customer Question

I have a GE JVM1665DN1bb it sounds like it starts at full power then in a few seconds it sounds like it goes to a lesser power and the turn table slows down (nothing is clogging it). It does heat the water but not like it should
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like the voltage is dropping to the microwave. Do you have a meter to test the voltage at the outlet with the microwave running?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the house voltage is fine
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

If you are certain that the outlet voltage is good, then there is an issue in the microwave, likely in the high voltage side, that is drawing the supply voltage down. Are you able to remove the microwave from the wall and remove the cabinet to perform some testing inside? Also, microwaves are inherently dangerous to service, even while unplugged, if you are not very careful around the high voltage components. Are you comfortable with this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cancel my question and everything else related to your company