Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Maytag Nepture dryer Model MDE6800AYW and it's

Customer Question

Good Morning!! I have a Maytag Nepture dryer Model MDE6800AYW and it's stuck on Wrinkle Release, was beeping and will not start. Any suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's appx. 12 years old. That's the exact model listed on the dryer.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm trying ~ smiles!!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I don't believe so.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Can you unplug the dryer for at least 15 minutes to reset the control, please? Does the behavior change?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did and now the dryer will not start. Completely black panel.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Duh ~ when I shut the door it goes back to being stuck on Wrinkle Release with 18 minutes showing on the timer.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

If the Wrinkle Control will not reset with a power cycle, the main machine control in your dryer will need to be replaced. It is accessed by removing the screws from the back cover on the control panel. The control board will simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy replacement. However, that part is showing as no longer available, see link below. YOu may be able to find a used one on eBay, searching for part number 33003028.

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!