Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Wow, that was fast! I have an old convection oven

Customer Question

wow, that was fast! I have an old convection oven (restaurant size) and I can`t find the pilot...
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is against the wall and I can`t see the model, It`s pretty heavy to move by myself.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: turning it on? Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: there is a red button and I can see the line going up behind, but I just can`t see it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

WHat is the make and model?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, the make is GARLAND, I can`t see anything else... it is pretty heavy to move and It is against the wall.

That pilot should be behind the bottom flip down kick grill, can you lift that grill off or flip it down? That should expose the safety valve and the pilot hole should be next to it to get a lighter in to light it. Sometimes it is easier to remove the oven bottom plate then light it that way as you can get right to it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, the information provided was not useful in this case, the pilot is not there... I will have someone come by and take a look at it. Thank you anyway.