Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My LRFD22850ST fridge keeps beeping every 30 seconds even

Customer Question

Hi my LRFD22850ST fridge keeps beeping every 30 seconds even though the doors are properly closed. Unplugging the fridge stops the beeping for a few minutes then it resumes. Is there anything I can do other than call a repairman?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: It's an LG LRFD22850ST and it's about 10 years old I think. It came with the house when we bought it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if it's simple
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The lights in the fridge go on and off. I unscrewed them because sometimes they were turning on when the doors were closed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Check to see if the door switches are operating correctly. If they are then you have a control board issue. If not you will need to replace a door switch on the unit. Make sure the light is going off in the unit when you close the switches.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I believe it is a control board issue. My question was is there a way to stop the beeping other than unplugging the fridge?