Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have kenmore elite built in oven model 79048133800. Won't

Customer Question

I have kenmore elite built in oven model***********
Won't hold temperature in top oven
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Does it initially get to the correct temperature and then just not maintain it or what exactly happens?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Gets to temp then won't hold. Bottom oven works fine.
Tested continuity in convection heating element and replaced temp sensor
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Does it get to temperature quickly or does it take longer than it has in the past?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Swapped control board also.
Gets to temperature at normal rate
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

I suspect the bake element has failed and will need to be replaced. Have you tested it for continuity?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That is what I was thinking. How do I get to it to test. Have oven pulled out now
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Under the door, the trim will need to be removed. Then, there are pins that secure the element tray in place (see number 7 in picture at link below).

CLICK HERE

The tray will slide out just enough to get your hand in to remove the wiring from the element (number 67). Let me know what you find upon testing, please.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No continuity in bake element. What is the easiest way to pull the bake element
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Nice work! It has to be pulled out the front once those pins are removed. If you post a picture of the front of the unit I can mark them.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Got it will check the cost at your recommended site. Thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thank you!

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!