Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I need to replace the ice maker on my Whirlpool

Customer Question

I need to replace the ice maker on my Whirlpool Refrigerator, Model WRF560SMYM00. This model has the freezer/ice maker on the bottom. I am having difficulty removing the two sliding drawers so I can do the replacement. Whirlpool tells me that the two drawers can't be removed. I find that hard to believe but maybe??? If not, the work space to remove the ice maker is very very cramped. Can the two sliding drawers be removed? Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The drawers can be removed but it's a difficult task. First you need to remove the rails going into the back of the freezer door coming in from the rail supports so you can pull the front freezer door off. Then remove the bin. Next, the upper basket is difficult to explain how to remove but below is a video that should help.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.