Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Maytag Neptune MAH5500BWW, Serial No. B2546159EV, electrical

Customer Question

Hello, Maytag Neptune MAH5500BWW, Serial No. B2546159EV, electrical bump possibly (Fort McMurray after power came back, after evacuation), will not agitate. It ramps up for 5 seconds and stops for 5 and repeats. Also, it does this once more after the power is turned off and lights are out. When I do the door lock and unlock test, it sends the signal every 4-5 seconds instead of every second. I get a Lr code in service mode. The machine control panel has been replaced (by a rebuilt panel). I get the correct ohms going into the motor (6-7.5, and 155-195).
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2005 about
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That is a locked rotor code when that happens if the drum spins freely you will need to replace the motor control kit 100%

CLICK HERE FOR PART

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there an electrical test I can do to confirm this?

I can send you the guide to test the motor circuit if you would like to test it

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
http://applianceassistant.com/ServiceManuals/16010061_maytag_neptune_front_load_washer_service_manual.pdf
I have this manual. It is very confusing and does not give enough info. How is the lock/unlock signal test connected to the motor and wires, and why am I only getting signal every 4 seconds and not every second?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please cancel my subscription.