Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have a GE washer model WJSR2070. Was getting grease on

Customer Question

Have a GE washer model WJSR2070. Was getting grease on clothes and it seemed to be coming from agitator. When I removed agitator, I find a bearing that seems to be source of grease. How to remedy?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

On that model, the only thing that has any oil or grease is the transmission, number 320 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

If you are getting oil on the clothes and see greasy substance under the agitator, the top seal in that transmission has failed, allowing water to get in and the oil to come out. The transmission will need to be replaced. The transmission comes with the new tub seal and a special spanner wrench is also needed to complete this repair. The transmission is available below for your review.

CLICK HERE

I am very happy to provide you with details on replacing it, should you decide to go that route. Just let me know!

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The video at the link below will give you an idea of what is involved.

CLICK HERE