Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a frigidiare affinity dryer that has an E64 error

Customer Question

I have a frigidiare affinity dryer that has an E64 error code How do I trouble shoot it to see if it is the element (which was replaced about three years ago) of one of the thermistors?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Yes I have a multimeter

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

The model is a Frigidaire FASE7073LA0 and the serial number is ***** It was purchased on 1/15/2011

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Thank you very much for the help

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

I am very happy to help. With four kids here, I know how a broken laundry machine affects the household! :)

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Do you know how to get into the machine to test the heating element?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Well I assume from watching the last service technician that was here that I have to remove the front of the machine and I believe that the heating element is under the drum. I haven't done it before so it will be something new but I think that with a little patience I can get into it.

My guess is that there will be two ends of the element attached to an electrical connection somewhere in there and I would have to test to see if the wire is broken by testing the continuity of the wire. Do I have to disconnect the wire from the lugs to test it?

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

You are absolutely correct. One wire should be removed for an accurate test, yes. The video at the link below shows how it is disassembled.

CLICK HERE

I suspect you will find the element open. Let me know what you find!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

OK, I may not be able to get back to you until tomorrow as it will take me a while to get everything disassembled but I will let you know when I get it apart.

Is installing a replacement very difficult and do I have to be aware of any concerns that I may come across or would it be best to discuss it after I test it?

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

It is very easy to install once you have access. That video shows you how and the exact element for your model is available below!

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The only things to be careful of are the sharp metal edges and make sure all connections are tight!