Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My aire jds9860aab the ove comes on by itself

Customer Question

my jen aire jds9860aab the ove comes on by itself
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

There are only 2 things that can cause the oven to turn on by itself and that's a faulty touch control panel and the display control board itself. To know which one is bad, you just need to lock the control panel and see if the issue re-occurs. If it stops coming on by itself you need to replace the touchpad. If it still turn on by itself then you need to replace the display board. Below is how you set the control lockout so you can determine which part is faulty.

SETTING CONTROL LOCKOUT:

Press and hold the Stop Time and the Stop/Clear pads at the same time for three seconds. The indicator word OFF will appear in the display for 15 seconds. OFF will reappear for 15 seconds if any pad is pressed.

TO CANCEL: Press and hold the Stop Time and the Stop/Clear pads at the same time for three seconds. The indicator word OFF will disappear in the display.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.