Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Our uline is not draining and it appears to have stopped

Customer Question

our uline is not draining and it appears to have stopped making ice
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: about 4 years u-clr260s -40 u-clr260s-40
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Does yours have a separate condensate pump or is it a gravity drain?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
pump

OK if the pump is bad or not working it will not make ice if the float trips in the pump and it will not pump out then it will never make ice. I would check the pump it is likely bad.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!