Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

All of the igniters on my range are firing and won't turn

Customer Question

All of the igniters on my range are firing and won't turn off unless I shut off the breaker.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just started this morning...heard it when I woke up
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: the range hasn't been used or cleaned in a few days
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: if it's something simple, sure I could do it myself
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Stove hasn't been used or cleaned in a few days, so it's not a moisture issue. All igniters are sparking unless I turn off circuit breaker.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Stove is a Wolf Model R486G
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

More than likely one of the burner switches is stuck in the ON position. There is a switch behind each burner knob on the shaft that switch on when you turn the burner on to light it. Sometimes the switch gets stuck closed. Try to turn the burners off and on a couple times and it may stop, otherwise you will have to find and replace the stuck switch.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have turned them all on and off. All burners ignite and shut off properly.