Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My LG electric range oven and broiler does not come on altho

Customer Question

My LG electric range oven and broiler does not come on altho the read out says it is on. It is a LRE30757SW/SB/ST. I cannot locate the model and serial number on the stove unless it is on the back.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 3 years old. It is a glass top surface and has dual bake/convection capabilities. It also has a warming drawer on the bottom. Where would I find the exact model number?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Probably
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It worked perfectly 2 days ago. Have not had any problem up to this point.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your oven today. First, the model number would be located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and see if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one. Either way, with this model the only possibilities that can cause your problem are a bad relay control board or a bad broil element since bake and such still works. You'd need to pull the oven out and remove the back sheet metal panel to access the terminals of the broil element. Test continuity through the broil element with a multimeter and if it doesn't have continuity then replace the element otherwise replace the relay control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?