Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Second opinion] - I have a Roper/Whirlpool microwave that I

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I have a Roper/Whirlpool microwave that I installed about 12 years ago. I just purchased a new Whirlpool microwave, and I can't get the old microwave off the bracket that I seem to remember mounted behind the microwave. What am I missing? Suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

In the cabinet above the microwave, there are two or three screws that keep the microwave from moving. Theu go down through the cabinet floor and into the top of the microwave. They will need to come out. Some models also use a pull latch system or two long threaded bolts that are behind the front grill that is above the door. Once those are removed, the microwave will tilt forward and then should be able to be lifted off the rear mounting bracket. If you can post the complete model number I can tell for certain what type of mounting system yours has.