Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The digital light went out on my range. Is there a way this

Customer Question

The digital light went out on my range. Is there a way this can be fixed.I can't turn my oven on because I don't know what the temperature is.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately you can't replace just the display light. Those are all controlled by diodes and capacitors on the display board so the entire display board board will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve that issue I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

I see you requested a phone call so I sent you that option but I'm not sure it's necessary for this issue. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You were honest with your answer, but the fee charged was outrageous.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

I would have to disagree. To have a technician come out to your house to tell you the same thing (I know because I'm a technician) it would cost around $100. This is just a fraction of that cost. While we can't control what fails on your dishwasher this is a great service to speak with an expert in the field and get the same information that you would normally be much more expensive and less convenient to have someone come out to the house in a time window that you must wait around for. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?