Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My normal light is blinking and my dishwasher won't work,

Customer Question

My normal light is blinking and my dishwasher won't work
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Whirlpool du1300xtvb8
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dishwasher today. The normal light blinking is an error code on this model number. It means that the dishwasher thinks the normal button was held for more than 17 seconds. Try to flip the breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher. Then heat up the touchpad with a hair dryer and rub your thumb over the normal button to unstick it. Let the touchpad cool down and then re-apply power. If it still acts up after this, replace the entire touch control panel. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?