Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

The start button will not work. I have been able to

Customer Question

The start button will not work. I have been able to manipulate it but now ir will not work at all
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Whirlpool Duet Model GHW9200LW. It has not done this before. It just started about 5 days ago.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if it is easy.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I want to get it fixed quickly. We are leaving town and i want it to work for the housesitter.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who tries to assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance sadly this can be a very common issue with this brand.

Try this, unplug the machine for 5 min. and plug it back in, see if the board resets and it starts, let me know.

I am attaching this link which provides the part you will need in the event the reset does not help.

You cant just change the button unfortunately you will need to replace the interface.

You can order this at the following link,

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Circuit-Board-or-Timer/909366?modelNumber=GHW9200LW0

they did have issues with those, hope this helps.

The only other possible thing that it could be is the control board may have gone bad which the part alone can cost up to 165 dollars. I would personally suggest having a repair man put that in though but of course they will charge you a labor fee as well.

I certainly hope my advice helps and if you have any follow up questions I would be more than happy to assist you. If you are satisfied with your answer please rate with 5 stars.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.