Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a top load whirlpool washer I changed the timer still

Customer Question

I have a top load whirlpool washer I changed the timer still stops during cycles any idea
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Normally this is a bad lid switch if it stops at rinse so I would check the lid switch as that is the likely issue. If not let me know.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I replaced the timer switch the washer then fills and then it stops. I have to push in nob and start again and do this several times
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You still think it would be the lid switch?

Yes it very well could be check the switch and see.

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.