Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I am stuck on cancel. I bought it 3 years aago at Vally

Customer Question

I am stuck on cancel. I bought it 3 years aago at Vally Appliance in Elk Grove Ca. the teeck tells me this could of been a recall because Maytag will send the part but the labor is $200 is this right?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no I don't know how to do those things
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: They have helped by telling me there could of been a recall but why so much in labor I am a retired single woman
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Yes the labor for the job is about 200 dollars I would assume this is covering the trip costs there and back and such, but that honestly is pretty normal for that repair. Sorry for the news just trying to be honest with you.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.