Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Just reading about the F01 code on my Whirlpool Duet dryer,

Customer Question

just reading about the F01 code on my Whirlpool Duet dryer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: maybe 8-10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Im going to unplug it first to see if that works. If not I'll be back
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: unplugging didn't work
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

The F01 error code on the duet dryers are a communication error between the main control board and the user interface control. First you need to kill power to the dryer for at least 5 minutes and restore power, if the board does not reset and you continue having the error then the user interface board will need to be replaced. If you give me the model number of the dryer I will be glad to find you the replacement board if needed, thanks. In the meantime:

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page 3 stars or higher. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and un-rated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?