Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Whirlpool duet sport washer is overflowing at drain pipe

Customer Question

whirlpool duet sport washer is overflowing at drain pipe
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Is it overflowing the pipe in your home's plumbing system when it is draining?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i think that's correct
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

If that is the case, the issue is not with your machine but with the drain pipe in your home. Do you see the water coming out at the top of that pipe?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the kitchen sink dishwasher and washing machine seem to be connected. To answer your question YES
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Okay, so the issue will need to be addressed by Roto-Rooter or another sewer company that can clean the drain pipe. There is something that is blocking the water flow in the pipe in your home's drain line. If you provide your zip code, I can get you a number.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is there a product i could by to clear the line. I assume its clogged with lint as I live here by myself
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Sure, there is a commercial quality cleaner that is acid based that would clear it quickly. It is available at most any hardware store, see link below.

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!