Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Whirlpool duet sport washer is overflowing at drain pipe

Customer Question

whirlpool duet sport washer is overflowing at drain pipe
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Is it overflowing the pipe in your home's plumbing system when it is draining?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i think that's correct
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

If that is the case, the issue is not with your machine but with the drain pipe in your home. Do you see the water coming out at the top of that pipe?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the kitchen sink dishwasher and washing machine seem to be connected. To answer your question YES
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Okay, so the issue will need to be addressed by Roto-Rooter or another sewer company that can clean the drain pipe. There is something that is blocking the water flow in the pipe in your home's drain line. If you provide your zip code, I can get you a number.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is there a product i could by to clear the line. I assume its clogged with lint as I live here by myself
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Sure, there is a commercial quality cleaner that is acid based that would clear it quickly. It is available at most any hardware store, see link below.

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!