Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag washer model MAH8700AWW is giving me the Error

Customer Question

Maytag washer model MAH8700AWW is giving me the Error message "2E. " What does that mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your washer today. First, this fault is a glitch or software issue with the control, so I know you already unplugged the washer but try to leave the washer unplugged for several minutes. Ideally 2-3 minutes. Leaving the washer unplugged for several minutes will allow the capacitors on the control board to discharge completely. Once the capacitors have completely discharged the control has been reset. If that doesn't work, the main control board just needs to be replaced. The main control board is the display board right behind the control panel and it costs about $300 or so. There is a serial break so you'd need to contact a parts store with your full model and serial number to be sure you get the correct control board for your unit if you wanted to repair the washer.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?