Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

GE dishwasher model GLDT690D00ww. Door latch problem. One

Customer Question

GE dishwasher model GLDT690D00ww. Door latch problem. One new micros witch has been installed but I do not have the specifications to hook up the wires that lead to the latch assembly. Power is disabled. Not under warantee.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The attached page shows how the door switches are wired!

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This diagram shows how to remove the assembly. The new assembly is in place and I need to know how to connect the 2 connector wires( black on the left side, white on the right side) to the micro switches. Thanks!
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

There is a picture showing how they go. Or are you having trouble accessing them?

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Attached is another picture of that latch in place showing the orientation of the wiring. The wires just clip over the spade terminals of the new switches.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok...I see the diagram how to unhook. Thank u! Now I have to get someone to complete the job. Do I contact u to let u know the dishwasher is working so u can charge me?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Great! Once you rate 5 stars at the top of the page, you can come back at any point for any free follow up questions! Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will u be charging my credit card? If so, how do u know that the dishwasher is up and running...do I contact u to tell u it's working?