Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My kenmore HE4 does not show the lights on panel. model #

Customer Question

my kenmore HE4 does not show the lights on panel.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model #(###) ###-#### At least 6 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: thats it no lights no run.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dryer today. If the unit doesn't power up at all then you need to make sure you have 220 volts coming to the terminal block on the back of the dryer where the power cord connects to the dryer itself. If you have 220 volts between the 2 outside power wires on the terminal block then you have a shorted front interface control board. There are no fuses or cut outs that will stop the dryer's control panel from turning on. All the fuses on this unit just stop the heat or the motor but not the control panel so the control panel would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?