John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Our center burner won't ignite....starter is working,

Customer Question

our center burner won't ignite....starter is working, clicking but it won't light. Smell gas when trying to light it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Can you light the center burner with a grill lighter or match? Also, if you look closely at the spark tip for the center burner do you see a spark coming off from the tip? Where on the burner does the spark go to?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will try lighting with grill lighter. See a spark, but gas smell is strong when trying to ignite.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

OK just let me know. And where EXACTLY do you see the spark coming from and going to on the middle burner?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?