Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a ge spacemaker dryer and it will not shut off if i

Customer Question

i have a ge spacemaker dryer and it will not shut off if i open the door it stops but as soon as you close it it starts back up and i can not shut it off with any of the controls
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its about 8 years old the model is dsxh47
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i would like to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no thats about it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your dryer today. Unfortunately the only thing that can cause your dryer to run as soon as the dryer door is shut would be a stuck relay on the main control board just behind the control panel. This control board will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue so below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model number.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?