John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

8/29/2016 Maytag Technicians I recently purchased a new

Customer Question

8/29/2016
Maytag Technicians
I recently purchased a new Maytag refrigerator as of 2/18/16. This product was a consider amount of money and I thought that Maytag’s quality was worth the purchase price; I am now not so sure. This model [MFW 20055DRM01] is not even a year old and the French door upper part of the appliance has stopped cooling.
The bottom pull out freezer is working fine. I tried to trouble shoot but it is still not working. The manual said to press and hold for three seconds the freezer and fridge button to turn off /and turn back on cooling. I tried this and it is still not getting cold inside the fridge compartment.
I need to know what to do to get this unit back working “Asap” because we have grandchildren to take care of. I can be reached directly at(###) ###-####or by e/mail at***@******.***
Thanks (not a happy customer)
Curtis *
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Can you look at the back wall of the freezer and see if you see any frost at all there please