Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Whirlpool referigerator mod.#gs6shaxms00 freezer ok.but

Customer Question

whirlpool referigerator mod.#gs6shaxms00 freezer ok.but refergerator warm may be air not circulating or thermester not working?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That is likely a defrost issue you need to remove the rear panel in the freezer section. If the evaporator is built up with excessive frost you need to defrost the frost build up with a hairdryer or steamer. Then you need to check the heater for continuity and the defrost thermostat for continuity as well, that is clipped to the evaporator. It has to be cold to test it and it should read continuity with an ohm meter as well when cold. If all that tests good you likely have a bad defrost control.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no that is not the problem.i already checked that.please dont charge me any thing more then $5.or may be nothing .and thanks
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i dont intened to pay more then what i promised that is $5.and no response is necessary thanks